Resident Info - Health Care - Senior Services
- Living Independence for Elders (L.I.F.E) – provides services for elders ie. Friendly home visitor, life lines, adult day program, meal program, transportation, home maintenance, wool & needles, Red Cross medical equipment loan services
- Regional Access Coordinator – coordinates care homes for the Interlake
- Home Care Case Co-ordinator – co-ordinates the clientele
- Home Care Resource Co-ordinator – co-ordinates the home care direct service workers
- 32 Home Care Direct Service workers, 2 registered nurses – with access to visiting Occupational Therapist and Psychogeriatric team members and Physiotherapy Services
- Handi-Van: A transportation service available for seniors and the mobility challenged
Glencora Estates- Glencora Estates is a 20 unit seniors apartment. 2 – 4 plexes with 2 bedrooms, 12 unit with 4 – 2 bedroom; 8 – 1 bedroom. Common Room with card tables and shuffle board. There is an initial entrance fee of $10,000 for which the tenant is issued Class 1 preferred shares. The complex is geared to seniors 55 years or older.
Pioneer Manor – 26 suites – 8 for couples – 18 for singles. Activities are organized by the L.I.F.E. program, such as, alternating Fridays carpet bowling and whist; once a month birthday club; coffee group every morning; reading program. A congregate meal is provided.
First Choice Manor – 12 rooms for couples. Lounge area. Tuesday coffee group. Meals on wheels is available.